Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Script Outlining Nightmares


I’ve never been particularly good at planning outlines and developing plots before I start my scripts and novels for ScriptFrenzy and Nanowrimo, after stressing over it big time last night (How to get the story idea down to 9 sentences???) I seem to have managed to do it! Split into three acts (rather messily, and more than one sentence for each of the 9 “chapters”), I think I’m on the right track. Hopefully it will keep me going right til the end of April, right through my 100 pages of script! Phew! And just in the nick of time with ScriptFrenzy starting tomorrow!

After ScriptFrenzy I’d like to do a short story, I’ve no idea how to plan a short story (not tried before), do you split that into chapters? It’s kind of like one chapter in a sense, being so short. Though you might split it into 3 parts, Beginning, Middle and End? Think I might have to find out how to plan and structure short stories! But first I’ll concentrate on my script, I want to beat my 12 pages I managed last year, and having an outline this year hopefully will help a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment