Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello, it's been a while...


I haven't posted in a while, nor have I written for a while, so it's definitely time to start doing both again! I think I may try the One Minute Writer for inspiration and trying out different writing prompts to get me going again, as well as giving me much needed practice. I also fancy trying to write scenes from movies in prose - as I will know the scene well, and depicting that in writing should hopefully give me good scene writing practice - I'll just have to remember to include smells and feelings to add an extra dimension to the writing that of course you don't get when watching a movie!
I've also started a new reading challenge now, to try and help me read more of my novels (I have stacks and stacks of them at the moment), and also it is good to read different authors and styles of writing to give you different ideas for your own writing. I'm currently reading Moonshine by Rob Thurman, having recently finished reading his first book, Nightlife. Really liking these urban fantasy books!

No comments:

Post a Comment