Thursday, May 7, 2009

A New Story...


I have the idea of a new story, not really sure of the characters yet, or much of what they're going to do. I've heard it's a good idea to get to know your characters first, and then decide what you're going to do with them. So I better figure out who they are!

Here's the idea so far:

A bit like Supernatural meets The Borrowers. A bunch of people/hunters get magically shrunk to 6 inches tall. They have to find a way to survive, as well as fighting various supernatural enemies at their reduced size. I'm thinking rats possessed by demons/ghosts, small gremlin-like creatures and chupucabras towering over them, but able to chase them through most small openings. And maybe have a government/police organisation trying to find them (a little Land of the Giants influence too!).

I'm not sure whether to have a couple of people shrunk, or a group of them, from all different walks of life. I haven't figured out the characters yet, so I could have any. Also thinking of having a miniature society of people, perhaps people that have been magically shrunk in the past and somehow survived and bred their own hidden society, maybe out in burrows in the countryside. Of course, this society might not be too friendly or helpful, and may be a little territorial.

Any other ideas or inspiration would be greatefully received while I try to plan this out! It's nice to not have to panic with planning this story, as I don't have a deadline nor is it for a challenge like ScriptFrenzy or Nanowrimo. So I can relax with the planning stage and hopefully come up with something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment